Wednesday, July 12, 2006

In love with Wordy Harry...

"I know what you're thinking, punk," hissed Wordy Harry to his new editor, "you're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' -- and to tell the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement; but being as this is English, the most powerful language in the world, whose subtle nuances will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?"

The Bulwer-Lytton fiction contest winner was announced today, and the sentence above came in second. SECOND, I ask you! Ok, the winner was pretty bad but the Wordy Harry? Needed to win!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kenyanchick said...

Oh my, Stephen Glass? That will require it's own blog. Him, Jayson Blair plus any Kenyan journalist you care to think of. Sigh. Boy do I have opinions...What do you think?

13 July, 2006 12:00  
Blogger Iwaya said...

i honestlythink that prize is misnamed. I HAVE READ Bulwer-Lytton (call me madandcrazy!) and he is not THAT bad like the writers who win the prize named in his (dis)honor. i just have that gripe!

14 July, 2006 10:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home